This course is vital for anyone operating a Rough Terrain Forklift. The course teaches delegates the necessary skills to operate the machine safely, and to comply with the HSE Standards for plant operation.
Where can I complete the course?
Boss Training has centres nationwide where you can complete the course. As with the majority of the Construction Plant Competency Scheme novice courses they need to be completed at a training centre. If you would like onsite training, consider the NPORS Rough Terrain Forklift Course.
Do I need any experience driving Rough Terrain Forklifts?
This course can be sat by complete novices, but there is also a CPCS Rough Terrain Forklift course available for experienced delegates. The course is similar, but has a reduced number of training hours to reflect the delegates experience levels.
Do I need an NVQ in order to change my Red Card to a Blue Card?
Yes, but it couldn’t be simpler. All you need to do is arrange for one of Boss Training’s many assessors to come to your site to observe you working.
Can I renew my Blue Card?
Yes, all you need to do to renew your current Blue Card is sit a RT14 and regular entries completed in your logbook. If you haven’t kept your logbook up to date, a quick Practical Test is all you need.
All you need to complete this course is an HSE Touchscreen Test completed in the last 2 years.
- Regulations and legislation
- Comprehending the manufacturer’s manual and operator’s handbook
- Safe and competent use of the Rough Terrain Forklift
- Personal duties and responsibilities
- Start up and end of day checks, and securing procedures
- Travelling and manoeuvring the machine safely over varying terrains
- Travel related loading and unloading procedures
- Transferring, lifting, placing, and removing loads securely
- Risk assessment and hazards
- Underground and overhead services