CPCS above/under 10 tonne Excavator Course A58/A59
The course teaches delegates to operate an excavator safely, and provides the technical expertise required when using this machine. It is the most universally accepted accreditation and it meets all of the criteria set by the HSE.
The duration of the course varies depending on experience.
C) Lifting Operations
Where can I do this course?
We have a network of top of the range training centres across the UK where you can complete this course.
What level of experience is required?
The course can be completed by complete novices looking to upskill, or experienced delegates who need the qualification to help them gain access to site.
How do I upgrade my red excavator card to a blue one? If you have a red card and you are looking to get your blue card, you will need to complete an NVQ. This is easier than it sounds, and just requires a simple site visit. Click here for more information.
Is it possible to renew my blue card?
Of course! If you have been keeping regular entries within your logbook, all you will need to do is the RT58/RT59, a touchscreen test that can be done in 20 minutes. However, don’t worry if you haven’t as there is always the Onsite Assessment or the Practical Test.
Is the above 10 tonne course or the less than 10 tonne course most appropriate for me?
If you choose to do the below 10 tonne course, you are restricted to using only this type of machine. If you choose the above 10 tonne course you can operate machines that are both above and below 10 tonnes.
In order to complete this qualification, you must have done the CSCS touch screen test in the last 2 years.
- Operating the excavator 360° tracked safely and competently
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Carrying out routine servicing procedures
- Understanding the capabilities, purposes, and limitations of relevant machinery
- Following necessary safety precautions
- Interpreting the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Carrying out routine adjustments
- Working to levels with the aid of laser equipment.