This course trains delegates to use a telehandler safely in a simulated construction environment. The objective is to provide the knowledge and skills needed to ensure delegates operate the machine correctly. The CPCS accredited qualification is accepted at sites across the UK.
There are also different endorsements available for CPCS Telehandler Training. Consider which of the below applies most to your job role. If you are confused about what you need, don’t worry, just call us on 01422 358 184 and we will be able to help.
A) Industrial Telescope
B) Up to 9 Metres
C) All Sizes Excluding Slew
D) All Sizes Including Slew
E) Telescopic Handler – Suspended Loads
The length of the course varies depending on experience.
Where can I do this course?
The course can be completed at any of our network of high-quality training centres throughout the UK.
Do I need have any experience?
The course can be completed by either complete novices looking to upskill, or experienced delegates that need the qualification to gain access to sites.
How do I upgrade my Red Telehandler Card to a Blue Card?
If you have a Red Card and you are looking to get your Blue Card, you will need to complete an NVQ. This is easier than it sounds and often just requires a simple site visit. Click here for more information.
Is it possible to renew my Blue Card?
Of course! If you have been keeping regular entries within your logbook then all you will need to do is the RT17, a touchscreen test that can be done in 20 minutes. However, don’t worry if you haven’t as there is always the Onsite Assessment or Practical Test.
- Operating the machinery for all typical tasks
- Determining if a particular load is safe to lift
- Routine servicing procedures and maintenance per the manufacturer’s instructions
- Comprehending the workings of the machinery and the relevant maintenance requirements
- Understanding the effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Loading, storing, and transporting representative materials
- Understanding the basic construction of pallets