This course aims to enable delegates to safely and efficiently operate a Forward Tipping Dumper, and to train them to the standards set by NPORS and the HSE. The delegate received thorough practical and theory training to ensure they have the necessary skills required and understand the relevant legislation.
Where is this course available?
The course can be completed either on your site or at any one of our numerous sites across the UK.
What level of experience do I need?
The course is designed for those that are required to operate or work with forward tipping dumpers, regardless of their experience level. However if the delegates are more experienced the course will take less time.
What are the pre-requisites for this course?
Delegates must have a valid CITB Health, Safety and Environment touch-screen-test (the test must have been completed within the last 2 years to be considered valid).
- Understanding the construction industry and why we use forward tipping dumpers
- Personal duties and responsibilities
- Carrying out pre-operational checks
- Understanding the manufacturers handbook for Forward Tipping Dumpers
- Major components of the relevant machinery and their functions
- Identifying and maintaining the appropriate PPE
- Preparing the relevant machinery for use
- Operating the machinery safely and competently
- Conducting all necessary health and safety checks
- Attaching trailers