This course aims to provide delegates with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary to operate a Lorry Loader both safely and efficiently. The standards set by NPORS meet all the relevant requirements of the HSE.
The course lasts between 1-2 days dependent on the experience level of the delegates.
Where is this course held?
The course can be completed either at your place of work, or at any of our many training centres across the UK.
What experience level is required?
This course is vital for any personnel required to operate a Lorry Loader, regardless of experience.
If the delegate would like the traditional card then there are no pre-requisites. If the delegate would like the NPORS CSCS Card then they need to have completed a HSE touchscreen test within 2 years.
- Pre-start and running checks of the carrier vehicle and lifting appliances
- Preparing the machinery and carrier vehicle for both site and road travel
- Manoeuvring the carrier vehicle into position in order to perform lifting exercises
- Configuring carrier vehicle to perform lifts at both minimum and maximum radii
- Loading plant vehicles as per industry guidelines
- Securing loads on vehicle bed as per industry guidelines
- Removing and reattaching buckets
- Loading and unloading procedures