This course teaches delegates to operate a 360 Excavator safely and competently, as well as providing them with the technical expertise needed to use the machine. All of the criteria set by the HSE are met through this course.
The course may last between 1-10 days depending on the experience of the delegate.
Where can I complete this course?
This course can be completed at your site, no matter where you are in the UK. It may also be completed at any of our centres across the country.
Do I need any experience in operating 360 excavators?
This course is suitable for complete novices as well as experienced workers.
If you would just like the traditional NPORS Card there are no pre-requisites, however if you are looking for the NPORS CSCS Operator Card you will need to have completed the HSE touchscreen test within the last 2 years. If you are unsure click here.
- Understanding the industry
- Hazard awareness
- Personal duties and responsibilities
- Comprehending the manager’s handbook for the relevant machinery
- Locating steering, driving, and braking controls and explaining their functions
- Identifying and maintaining the appropriate PPE
- Conducting pre-operational checks per the manufacturer’s and legislative guidelines
- Mounting and dismounting the machine safely
- Safely starting and stopping the machine
- Preparing the machine for travel and manoeuvring it safely across various terrains in both open and confined spaces
- Conducting all necessary safety checks on site
- Conducting excavating tasks
- Loading material into containers, or onto transportation vehicles
- Fitting and removing the relevant attachments
- Conducting end of shift and shut down procedures