This course is crucial for anyone using plant machinery to sling various loads. The course aims to provide delegates with the necessary knowledge and practical skills to work safely and competently whilst onsite. The delegate will gain the required understanding of the role of Slinger/Signaller or ‘Slinger Banksman’.
The length of the course varies depending on the experience of the delegate.
Where can I complete this course?
This course may either be completed onsite or at one of our network of training centres across the UK.
What level of experience is required of me?
Experience of slinging and signalling is preferred for this training but a novice course is available.
If an NPORS CSCS Card is required then you must have completed a HSE Touchscreen Test within the last 2 years. If a traditional NPORS card is required then there are no course pre-requisites.
Course content :
- The nature of the industry and how this job role sits within it
- Establishing the type of lift, its dimensions and nature
- Selecting the appropriate equipment to complete the lift safely
- Review the manufacturers handbook and the technical guidance provided within
- Interpreting and extracting all relevant documentation
- Ensuring the area for the lift has been prepared properly including analysing potential hazards
- The duties and responsibilities of a slinger signaller
- How to perform clear and obvious hand gestures to aid the slinging process
- How the load effects the stability of lifting equipment
- Safety Devices that are fitted within lifting equipment to warn of unsafe loads
- Guide the movement of loads from and to different types of location encountering different variables
- The safe placing of loads
- Shut down and securing procedures