The NPORS Telescopic Handler course teaches delegates to safely and efficiently operate the machinery by providing the necessary skills and knowledge required. A thorough explanation of the relevant safety considerations is also provided. Once completed the delegate should be confident enough to operate the machinery correctly onsite.
The duration of the course will vary depending on the experience of the delegate. Please email email@example.com or call us on 01422 358 184 to speak to find out more.
Where can I complete this course?
The course may either completed at your site or at any of our training centres across the UK.
What level of experience is required?
This course is suitable for any personnel required to operate a Telescopic handler, regardless of previous experience.
If the delegate would like a traditional NPORS Card there are no pre-requisites but if they would like the NPORS CSCS Card they need to have done the HSE Touchscreen Test within the last 2 years. If you are unsure which card you require click here for a simple explanation.
- Understanding the industry and the hazards it presents
- Personal duties and responsibilities
- Understanding the manufacturer’s handbook for the relevant machinery and other applicable sources of information
- Locating and identifying major components of the machine and understanding their functions
- Locating and identifying steering, driving, and braking controls and understanding their functions
- Conducting pre-operational checks as per the manufacturer’s and legislative guidelines
- Mounting and dismounting the machine safely
- Starting and stopping the machine in a safe manner
- Preparing the machine for travel and manoeuvring it safely when laden and unladen
- Manoeuvring the machine safely over varying terrain including rough ground, inclines, and in both open and confined spaces
- Conducting all necessary safety checks in the workspace
- Conducting lifting and load handling tasks
- Lifting and transferring loads safely and accurately in at varying locations
- Safely loading and unloading external transport
- Fitting, adjusting, and removing relevant attachments
- Conducting end of shift and shut down procedures