The objective of this course is to provide delegates with thorough theory and practical training with regards to operating a Skid Steer Loader or Bobcat as it is sometimes known. This enables delegates to carry out the role in a safe and competent manner.
The length of the course differs dependent on experience and the number of delegates involved.
Where can I complete this course?
This course is available either at your site or at any of our first-rate sites, which are widespread across the UK.
Do I possess the necessary experience?
This course is suitable for novices and those with intermediate experience alike.
What are the pre-requisites for the course?
It depends if you would like the traditional NPORS Card or the CSCS NPORS Card. For those looking to obtain the traditional card there are no pre-requisites. For those looking for the NPORS CSCS card, the delegates must have achieved the CITB Health, Safety and Environment touch-screen-test within the last 2 years.
- Individual roles and responsibilities
- Principle components and their purposes, including controls and terminology
- Understanding the manufacturers handbook
- Conducting pre-operational checks in accordance with both legislative and manufacturer requirements
- Identifying and maintaining suitable PPE
- Operating machinery safely and efficiently
- Preparing machinery for use
- Environmental factors
- Safe storage and transportation of implements and attachments
- Loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- End of shift and shut down procedures